Dr. William J. Carter, D.D.S., M.S., has been practicing periodontics for over 29 years. He graduated with his Doctorate of Dental Surgery from the University of Missouri School of Dentistry and completed a residency program in periodontics at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.
Dr. Carter began his dental career with the U.S. Military. He served in the Dental Corps from 1972 to 1981, earning Commendations and the Meritorious Service Medal in 1981. Presently, he serves in the United States Army Reserve and is proud to serve the Hermitage community in private practice.
Dr. Carter works to continually remain at the forefront of his field. He completes far more than the required hours of Continued Education each year, actively lectures at dental societies, and holds office in local periodontal associations. He is currently on staff at the Summit Medical Center. His commitment to periodontology and implant dentistry, and to your wellbeing,, allow him to provide the highest quality of care.
His memberships to local and national associations include:
- Tennessee Society of Periodontists - President
- Music City Dental Study Club - Former President
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Oral Medicine
- American Society of Osseointegration
- International Congress of Oral Implantology
- Tennessee Dental Association
- Nashville Dental Association
On a Personal Note
Dr. Carter is married with 2 daughters and 3 grandchildren. In his free time, he enjoys photography, golf and travel.